From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoostats, SoC 2011
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:35:41
1 Hi,
2
3 On 18:16 Tue 23 Aug 2011, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
4 > there is one important aspect of your program that really needs to be
5 > documented (and comments in the code are not enough):
6 >
7 > What data exactly is the client sending to the server?!
8 >
9 > What you need is basically an easy-to-find file / web page / ... where
10 > this is explained concise and in simple words. As long as that does
11 > not exist, your program will not find much acceptance.
14 You may look at the files README and FAQ for Ubuntu's popularity
15 contest: http://popcon.ubuntu.com/
16
17 If we could get their turnout rates, that'd be great.
18
19 > Apart from that, I like the entire project, and am curious about its
20 > results.
21
22 +1
23
24 It has come up several times that getting usage statistics would
25 motivate developers.
26
27 Cheers,
28 Thomas