From: kloeri@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 "Critical News Reporting" Round Two
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:12:37
1 On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 11:28:33AM +0100, Grobian wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > >Motivation
4 > >==========
5 > >
6 > >There are currently several ways of getting news out to our users, none of
7 > >them
8 > >particularly effective:
9 >
10 > This assumes the following ways are really ineffective, something which
11 > you don't prove or give any reason for. Hence it's eligable for another
12 > big discussion. To avoid that, I would suggest to add a number of
13 > reasons, or whatever to make this assumption sound (more) valid. It is
14 > important, I think, that the reader can understand your grounds for
15 > saying this.
16 > (I personally disagree on this statement now, but it makes no use
17 > discussing it since you haven't given any ground as on why. Maybe if
18 > you would give a definition, I could adjust my own definition and agree.)
19 >
20 You must not have read the [#forums-whining]_ reference as that makes it
21 quite clear that existing methods isn't adequate. Even if you think the
22 apache maintainers made lots of mistakes you can't really fault us for
23 not trying to get the news of config changes out to all users.
24
25 Regards,
26 Bryan Østergaard
27 --