From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 "Critical News Reporting" Round Two
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:32:02
1 kloeri@g.o wrote:
2 > You must not have read the [#forums-whining]_ reference as that makes it
3 > quite clear that existing methods isn't adequate. Even if you think the
4 > apache maintainers made lots of mistakes you can't really fault us for
5 > not trying to get the news of config changes out to all users.
6
7 I haven't, that's correct. However, a reference should be a source for
8 additional information. A small exerpt or recap of that thread is not
9 in the GLEP. Also, [#forums-whining]_ was not referenced in the quoted
10 part, the reference only follows later on.
11
12 Going into answering your question, the thread suggests for instance an
13 RSS-feed with this info. Also the GLEP mentions 5 distinct sources, of
14 which I personally think at least two will be effective for a certain
15 group of people.
16
17 That last thing was what I was aiming at. For some it might work quite
18 well if the apache2 upgrade stuff (as sent out on gentoo-dev) was
19 communicated through gentoo-announce. Hence my doubts on whether "[they
20 are not] particularly effective" is a general statement that applies to
21 any situation.
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list