From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Hosting daily gx86 squashfs images and deltas
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 20:01:09
1 Hi again.
2
3 If someone is interested in the results of my tests and benchmarks,
4 I've uploaded the initial version of my article on the topic in our
5 dev-space.
6
7 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/tmp/squashfs-deltas.pdf
8
9 I am terribly busy with the uni right now so it will take some time
10 before I continue working on it. I will try to provide a final
11 specification for the first attempt at the idea and ask infra if they
12 are ready to sacrifice the hardware for it.
13
14 Further possible improvements:
15
16 1. switch to LZ4 (stronger compression, even faster) -- will require
17 a newer kernel (3.14?),
18
19 2. dedicated SquashFS delta tool -- I'm working on it but
20 the format seems to be poorly documented so it will take some time :).
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny