From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should we join the which hunt?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 09:02:36
1 On Fri, 2022-05-13 at 09:11 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >
3 > So, should we join the "which hunt", with the goal of removing
4 > sys-apps/which from the system set and from stage1?
5
6 Yes, although I would suggest "command -v" as a POSIX replacement that
7 can be sent upstream. The "type" utility is also standard, but the "-p"
8 flag is not, so "type -p" creates some pointless bashisms. Both are
9 built-in to bash so there's no performance penalty in ebuilds either
10 way.