From: Matt Rickard <frogger@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [FEATURE-REQUEST][PORTAGE] Apply custom patches
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:45:23
1 On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:36:54 +0200
2 Florian Huber <florian.huber@×××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > it would be great if could apply patches to a certain sources code
4 > _without_ re-writing the ebuild or installing/injecting it. I would
5 > suggest an envir. variable (like MYCONF) containg the path to a patch.
8 This is possible using the ebuild command explicitely. 'ebuild
9 ebuildname.ebuild unpack', apply the patches you want (to
10 /var/tmp/portage/ebuildname), then ebuild compile, install, and qmerge.
11
12 Not completely automated, but how often does one need to add additional
13 patches to packages? I've found this method to work quite well for me.
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list