From: Svyatogor <svyatogor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [FEATURE-REQUEST][PORTAGE] Apply custom patches
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:57:14
1 Ok, enough is enough. This should go into FAQ. Don't you think so?
2
3 On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:44:36 -0400
4 Matt Rickard <frogger@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:36:54 +0200
7 > Florian Huber <florian.huber@×××××××××××.de> wrote:
8 > > it would be great if could apply patches to a certain sources code
9 > > _without_ re-writing the ebuild or installing/injecting it. I would
10 > > suggest an envir. variable (like MYCONF) containg the path to a patch.
13 > This is possible using the ebuild command explicitely. 'ebuild
14 > ebuildname.ebuild unpack', apply the patches you want (to
15 > /var/tmp/portage/ebuildname), then ebuild compile, install, and qmerge.
16 >
17 > Not completely automated, but how often does one need to add additional
18 > patches to packages? I've found this method to work quite well for me.
19 >
20 > --
21 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
26 Let the Force be with us!