From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 20:52:23
1 On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:26:46 -0500
2 "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 2/16/16 3:05 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
5 > > On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
6 > > wrote:
7 > >> The whole discussion, which seems to turn everyone into a raging
8 > >> squirrel, is about changing the default provider of a virtual. All
9 > >> other providers will continue being listed and available. The
10 > >> change affects none of the current userbase (who seem to have a
11 > >> preference for eudev if forums polls have any meaning).
12 > >
13 > > Why is it that anytime there is a great debate over something
14 > > somebody says something like the following:
15 >
16 > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rI8mDpnv7c
19 > > This decision is completely trivial and won't really change
20 > > anything. That is why it is so critical that we make this decision
21 > > right now!
22 > >
23 > > Either it matters or it doesn't...
28 And I had resisted several times now of pasting in youtube links... :)
29
30 time for some humor injection...
31
32 OK, in this first link, the eudev people think the systemd people are
33 the one migrating and the systemd people think the reverse...
34
35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOs8MaR1YM
36
37 And from some people's comments in this thread...
38
39 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dndAXxqJbc0
44 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>