From: Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "RFC": Automated Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:30:58
1 On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 12:00:32PM +0200, Christopher Korn wrote:
2 > Hi Togehter!
3 >
4 > I'm working for a big city and we're currently migrating all desktops to
5 > SuSE linux. To install all clients automatically over the network we're
6 > using PXE, AutoYAST, and an install.xml file. I think such a system is also
7 > a good idea for gentoo.
8 > Because of this fact i wanted to ask what you are thinking about such a
9 > system. In my opinion such a feature will save much money and some companies
10 > can migrate more easily to distributions like gentoo. it also saves a lot of
11 > money and the annoying reinstallation tasks for the administrators :)
12 >
13 > Hope for an answer and a few comments.
14 >
15 > Greetings, Chris
16 http://glis.sourceforge.net/ is a starting point. Nathaniel is a
17 gentoo dev now and is working on the gentoo installer.
18
19 Yours, Björn
20
21 P.S.: Hmmm, big city, SuSE, @gmx.net mail address == Munich, isnt it?
22 --
23 Björn Michaelsen
24 pub 1024D/C9E5A256 2003-01-21 Björn Michaelsen <bmichaelsen@×××.de>
25 Key fingerprint = D649 8C78 1CB1 23CF 5CCF CA1A C1B5 BBEC C9E5 A256