From: Owen Gunden <ogunden@××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo 1.4 final against rc's
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:20:30
1 On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 10:58:35PM +0200, Spider wrote:
2 > None, there wouldn't be any difference at all in your system. 1.4 is
3 > the package release and the livecd's, not the resulting systems.
4
5 This kind of question comes up all the time. I often wonder if it's not a
6 waste of effort to try and force gentoo into a notion of "releases", when
7 it's so unnatural to do so.
8
9 It would be cool to come up with some other, more gentoo-ish way of
10 expressing progress in the distribution.
11
12 Ideas anyone? Or am I being a total kook?
13
14 Owen
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list