From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:41:25
1 On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 03:28:03 -0700
2 Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> wrote:
3 > <p>
4 > Global variables must only contain invariant values (see <uri
5 > link="#metadata-invariance">link</uri>). If a global variable's value
6 > is invariant, it may have the value that would be generated at any
7 > given point in the build sequence.
8 > </p>
9
10 First, your link is incorrect. metadata-invariance is in a different
11 file.
12
13 Second, the link's text should be the section name or chapter number.
14 Rendered as "(see link)" is horribly ugly.
15
16 Third, you should have a non-breaking space between 'see' and the
17 reference.
18
19 > <p>
20 > This is demonstrated by the following:
21 > </p>
22 >
23 > <pre caption="Environment state between functions" id="env-saving">
24 > bunch o'neat code
25 > </pre>
26
27 How does "bunch o'neat code" deal with our code file containing things
28 that XML considers to be reserved characters? That code probably has
29 ampersands and angle brackets in it.
32 Ciaran McCreesh