From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:57:09
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 03:28:03 -0700
3 > Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> wrote:
4 >> <p>
5 >> Global variables must only contain invariant values (see <uri
6 >> link="#metadata-invariance">link</uri>). If a global variable's value
7 >> is invariant, it may have the value that would be generated at any
8 >> given point in the build sequence.
9 >> </p>
10 >
11 > First, your link is incorrect. metadata-invariance is in a different
12 > file.
13
14 Pointless nit.
15
16 > Second, the link's text should be the section name or chapter number.
17 > Rendered as "(see link)" is horribly ugly.
18
19 your opinion, just yours.
20
21 > Third, you should have a non-breaking space between 'see' and the
22 > reference.
23
24 Pointless nit.
25
26 > How does "bunch o'neat code" deal with our code file containing things
27 > that XML considers to be reserved characters? That code probably has
28 > ampersands and angle brackets in it.
29
30 As usual for xml markups.
31
32 lu