From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tarball doesn't have version -> portage problem
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 09:08:13
1 On Wednesday 07 May 2003 08:11, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 10:36:23PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > I personally think that we need to look into providing more finegrained
4 > > distfiles. The best proposal I heard up til now is name rewriting. An
5 > > ebuild specifies how a distfile is to be called. Portage then needs to be
6 > > smart enough to use the renamed file from the mirrors, but the normal one
7 > > from the main repository.
8 >
9 > Shouldn't this be easy with digests? It checks the checksum of it's local
10 > file. If it isn't the same as the one in the digest file, it assumes it is
11 > an old distfile and dowloads a more recent one. If even that one fails, the
12 > ebuild fails with the normal "digest failed" error.
13
14 The problem would be to support multiple version of the same ebuild. And what
15 to think of different packages wanting different, but similarly named, source
16 files. I think a file renaming scheme might be the best way to handle the
17 problems.
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze