From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tarball doesn't have version -> portage problem
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 06:11:57
1 On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 10:36:23PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > I personally think that we need to look into providing more finegrained
3 > distfiles. The best proposal I heard up til now is name rewriting. An ebuild
4 > specifies how a distfile is to be called. Portage then needs to be smart
5 > enough to use the renamed file from the mirrors, but the normal one from the
6 > main repository.
7
8 Shouldn't this be easy with digests? It checks the checksum of it's local
9 file. If it isn't the same as the one in the digest file, it assumes it is an
10 old distfile and dowloads a more recent one. If even that one fails, the
11 ebuild fails with the normal "digest failed" error.
12
13 Wkr,
14 Sven Vermeulen
17 Thanks to DRM, you know that something has been built in environment of
18 unspecified degree of security, from source you cannot check, written by
19 programmers you don't know, released after passing QA of unknown quality and
20 which is released under a license that disclaims any responsibility...