From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Massive updates from sync
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:01:08
1 On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 08:41:11PM -0400, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
2 > I sync'd and updated Saturday.   Then on Sunday and today emerge -u --deep
3 > system -p gives me a large list of updates (including debiantools and
4 > baselayout) it wants to perform - including updating Nvidia drivers.  Most of
5 > the changes are the same version but just incrementing the n in -rn (say from
6 > r1 to r2).
7 >
8 > With the recent problems with portage where a bunch of stuff was moved from
9 > ~x86 to x86 when it shouldn't have been I hesitate to turn emerge loose and
10 > let it update.  Is portage back to where I can safely let it go and do the
11 > updates?
14 We've fixed most of what needs to be fixed. If you've synced within the
15 last few hours, you should be okay.
18 Jon Portnoy
19 avenj/irc.freenode.net
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list