From: antifa@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] recent virus mails
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:49:31
1 Can we please just block anything that doesn't use a FQDN for an EHLO string? From the virii I've seen that came through, that would get a good chunk of them. It would probably also be a good idea to block anything that uses gentoo.org or smtp.gentoo.org as an EHLO string. Obviously they aren't us and should be blocked for mere impersonation if nothing else.
2
3 If we didn't have so many homegrown MTA's I'd also suggest blocking anything without a matching PTR record.
4
5 I'm more familiar with postfix than exim so I'm not sure the config's you'd need to implement this. But it should be fairly simple.
6
7 antifa
8