From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New install isos needed
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 15:03:16
1 Am Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 10:05:54 schrieb Duncan:
2 > Thus definitely ++.
3 >
4 > The one big concern I have is that in our approach to the srcd folks we
5 > make clear we're *NOT* attempting to take over their project. That's the
6 > sensitivity I see with the co-branded idea. I'd actually prefer that we
7 > NOT do a co-branded thing, unless the srcd folks suggest it (this assumes
8 > yngwin's not srcd upstream and thus did indeed just make that offer, I
9 > don't know), and simply cooperate a bit more with them, filing bugs (and
10 > as their upstream fixing them in gentoo where possible), helping to fix
11 > the ppp networking config issues already mentioned, etc, while simply
12 > using their releases as they are. If we want to point out that they're a
13 > gentoo-based project that we happily endorse in our handbook links to
14 > them, great, but I'm afraid a co-branded suggestion from our side might
15 > come across as an attempt to take over, and that'd benefit absolutely no
16 > one!
17
18 +1
19
20 They are doing a great job, and we should acknowledge that, talk to them but
21 not interfere.
22
23 First of all this is a decision of our own policy. (Do we want to officially
24 recommend a third-party tool in our documentation?)
28 Andreas K. Huettel
29 Gentoo Linux developer
30 dilfridge@g.o
31 http://www.akhuettel.de/