From: Panard <panard@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cmake.eclass
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:52:51
1 Hello,
2
3 Le Jeudi 18 Mai 2006 12:54, Simon Stelling a écrit :
4 > I have no clue what cmake is or what you are trying to, so I just
5 > comment on a few other things I catched:
6
7 Thanks for your comments,
8
9 Cmake is a autotools/autoconf replacement (http://www.cmake.org), it is the
10 new build system for kde.
11 Some projects using cmake need to have a separate builddir (kde does, and some
12 others).
13
14 In this eclass, there is an helper function to use cmake options according to
15 useflags (like use_enable), and the support for building out of the sources
16 (in $WORKDIR/cmake-build)
17
18 > [...]
19 >
20 > > cmake_compile() {
21 > > cmake_install() {
22 >
23 > aren't these meant to be cmake-src_compile/cmake-src_install?
24 Well, it is for cmake_install indead, but cmake_compile need that
25 cmake_configure has been done before... so I consider cmake_configure and
26 cmake_compile more like econf and emake commands.
27 So I've added a separate cmake_src_compile.
28
29 I've updated the eclass, according to your comments, and renamed cmake_install
30 to cmake_src_install.
31 I've also made the installation prefix customable with INSTALL_PREFIX envvar.
32
33 Here is an ebuild example for using this cmake eclass:
34 http://dev.inzenet.org/~panard/patches/gentoo-overlay/app-editors/yzis/yzis-0.1_pre20060518.ebuild
35
36 Thanks,
37