From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFD] Adopt-a-package, proxy-maintenance, and other musings
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 17:26:09
1 On 01/21/2016 06:15 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:53:58 -0600
3 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I would like to see a possible timelimit set on how long packages can
6 >> stay in maintainer-needed; once a package goes there, if we can't find
7 >> someone to maintain it, we should consider booting it after that time
8 >> limit passes.
9 >
10 > Note that maintainer-needed doesn't necessarily mean package is crap.
11 > Some simply don't really need a maintainer because they just work.
15 However it can cause complications when issues are detected, in
16 particular security relevant ones. Attaching a CSV of bugs assigned to
17 security with maintainer-needed CCed.
18
19 e.g app-text/htmltidy has multiple reverse dependecies but is itself
20 maintainer needed with at least two vulnerabilities (bug 561452)
23 Kristian Fiskerstrand
24 Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
25 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3

bugs-2016-01-21.csv text/csv