From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev-ng? (Was: Summary Council meeting Tuesday 13 November 2012)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 04:37:55
1 On 18/11/2012 20:28, Greg KH wrote:
2 > But note, we are moving that file out of pciutils (and the usb.ids file
3 > out of usbutils) and they will eventually be generated from the udev
4 > package itself, as it holds the master hardware database. But that's a
5 > totally different topic than the one at hand, and is still being worked
6 > on by the developers of the different upstream packages.
7
8 *cough* Gentoo already moved them out of the respective packages into
9 hwids btw, which I've been bumping almost daily for a while and weekly
10 now because I got bored.
11
12 And while at it I'm also always submitting any new data to the master
13 databases since I end up often enough having some extra gadget around...
14
15 (If you're thinking of replacing pci/usb ids with a formatted complex
16 database, yai! Finally you guys followed my suggestion from 2008 ;)).
17
18 </off topic>
21 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
22 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/