From: "Sean P. Kane" <spkane@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Every version of procps fully masked eariler this week!
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 16:59:59
1 I started my third Gentoo 1.4 install earlier this week and all seemed
2 to go just great until my reboot. The system came up with a lot of
3 errors regarding "ps" not existing. I did a bit of searching and sure
4 enough procps was not emerged. Not only that, but doing an emerge procps
5 said that all versions were masked. I can't resync, since the lack of ps
6 has caused all sorts of things to fail, including the network it would
7 seem. I'll troubleshoot it a bit more and get it working. Maybe just
8 reboot from the cdrom, mount and fix.
9
10 However, it is almost certainly a VERY good idea to never had any of the
11 bootstrap or system packages completely masked with not a single
12 unmasked version available. Is there any process in place to at least
13 try and ensure that this doesn't happen?
14
15 Thanks,
16 Sean