From: el lodger <karma911@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Every version of procps fully masked eariler this week!
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 19:52:47
1 On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:57:58 -0800
2 "Sean P. Kane" <spkane@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I started my third Gentoo 1.4 install earlier this week and all seemed
5 > to go just great until my reboot. The system came up with a lot of
6 > errors regarding "ps" not existing. I did a bit of searching and sure
7 > enough procps was not emerged. Not only that, but doing an emerge procps
8 > said that all versions were masked. I can't resync, since the lack of ps
9 > has caused all sorts of things to fail, including the network it would
10 > seem. I'll troubleshoot it a bit more and get it working. Maybe just
11 > reboot from the cdrom, mount and fix.
12 >
13 > However, it is almost certainly a VERY good idea to never had any of the
14 > bootstrap or system packages completely masked with not a single
15 > unmasked version available. Is there any process in place to at least
16 > try and ensure that this doesn't happen?
17 This is strange. On 10-30 emerge -u world brought up procps-2.0.10 and on 10-31
18 update showed procps-2.0.10-r1. No package mask for me.
19 Roger
20 --
21 Powered by GENTOO LINUX