From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PyXML
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 18:34:49
1 2011-05-17 20:24:16 Mark Loeser napisaƂ(a):
2 > Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o> said:
3 > > > I second that. Why do we need to make all the work fixing packages
4 > > > instead of letting upstream do their job? I am not so excited to
5 > > > fix every package I maintain as it is quite possible to introduce
6 > > > regressions in the process. Furthermore, I don't understand your first
7 > > > message. You say that you will provide xml.use_pyxml() function on
8 > > > python-2.7. Is this code official or you are just patching the official
9 > > > python releases?
10 > > > Anyway, as I said, I'd rather wait for upstream to fix their packages
11 > > > instead of me.
12 > >
13 > > Some upstreams are dead and some packages using PyXML will never be ported by upstreams to use
14 > > something else than PyXML (e.g. lxml).
15 >
16 > Then those packages should get removed from the tree. Do not start
17 > introducing Gentoo specific hacks to work around the problem.
18
19 Majority of packages from http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/misc/rindex/dev-python/pyxml seem to
20 have active upstreams, which doesn't mean they are actively working on porting these packages
21 to use something else than PyXML.
24 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis