From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PyXML
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 18:25:02
1 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o> said:
2 > > I second that. Why do we need to make all the work fixing packages
3 > > instead of letting upstream do their job? I am not so excited to
4 > > fix every package I maintain as it is quite possible to introduce
5 > > regressions in the process. Furthermore, I don't understand your first
6 > > message. You say that you will provide xml.use_pyxml() function on
7 > > python-2.7. Is this code official or you are just patching the official
8 > > python releases?
9 > > Anyway, as I said, I'd rather wait for upstream to fix their packages
10 > > instead of me.
11 >
12 > Some upstreams are dead and some packages using PyXML will never be ported by upstreams to use
13 > something else than PyXML (e.g. lxml).
14
15 Then those packages should get removed from the tree. Do not start
16 introducing Gentoo specific hacks to work around the problem.
19 Mark Loeser
20 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
21 email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com
22 web - http://www.halcy0n.com