From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] system set no longer in part of world set
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:18:25
1 On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:02:57 -0400
2 Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Marius Mauch wrote:
5 > > Now that's a big exaggeration. It _might_ be missing from world
6 > > updates (there are still many cases where it will be included), but
7 > > that's not the only available operation in portage.
8 > >
9 > > Marius
10 > >
11 > We discussed this in #gentoo-portage the other day where I had a
12 > machine that was on gcc 4.3.1 (not -r1) and glibc 2.7 and didn't want
13 > to upgrade either of those packages to the latest ~arch.
14 >
15 I know, but just because it did (not) happen in your case doesn't mean
16 it will be the same for everyone else.
17
18 Marius