From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] system set no longer in part of world set
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:36:32
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:02:57 -0400
3 > Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
6 >> Marius Mauch wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Now that's a big exaggeration. It _might_ be missing from world
9 >>> updates (there are still many cases where it will be included), but
10 >>> that's not the only available operation in portage.
11 >>>
12 >>> Marius
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >> We discussed this in #gentoo-portage the other day where I had a
16 >> machine that was on gcc 4.3.1 (not -r1) and glibc 2.7 and didn't want
17 >> to upgrade either of those packages to the latest ~arch.
20 > I know, but just because it did (not) happen in your case doesn't mean
21 > it will be the same for everyone else.
22 >
23 > Marius
26 Given the same package set and world file that I have, it will happen
27 every time. Also specific variations of my package set and world file
28 will result in the issue. Which means that it will occur for other
29 people but no one ever said everyone.