From: Anders Ossowicki <and@×××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: OT: offensive (Re: [gentoo-dev] explicit -r0 in ebuild filename)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:48:36
1 On 31/03/2008, Patrick Lauer <bugs@××××××××××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > Anders Ossowicki wrote:
4 > > On 31/03/2008, *Thilo Bangert* <bangert@g.o
5 >
6 > > <mailto:bangert@g.o>> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > Please think things through before asking to have pkgcore's bugs
9 > > > 'fixed' via specification next time...
10 > >
11 > > maybe my english language skills or social interaction qualities are
12 > > failing me, but i find the above sentence highly offensive.
15 > > pkgcore crashes on ebuilds with explicit -r0 in the PV, which led to
16 > > Brian Harring bringing this entire discussion up in the first place.
17 > > Rather than getting pkgcore to handle -r0 correctly, he decided to try
18 > > and get it banned through the specification.
19 >
20 > That bug has been adressed, still leaves the underlying problem wether
21 > to allow this ambiguity or not.
24 Excellent - now that light has been shed on this minor detail, I'm sure you
25 won't see that comment on pkgcore bugs again.
26
27 If you have the patience to read the
28 > pingpong between Harring and McCreesh the current discussion is wether
29 > that format even makes sense, not wether a fixed bug in a third-party
30 > app is relevant.
33 I'm pretty sure the aforementioned pingpong started as a result of a pkgcore
34 bug. Thilo referred to one of Ciaran's first replies and as such, I see no
35 reason to regard that reply as an ad hominem attack.
36
37 Enough, I was only replying to a question brought up by Thilo, and I do not
38 want to waste time on an endless discussion with other gentoo users.
39 --
40 Anders Ossowicki <and@×××.dk>