From: Patrick Lauer <bugs@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: OT: offensive (Re: [gentoo-dev] explicit -r0 in ebuild filename)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:28:17
1 Anders Ossowicki wrote:
2 > On 31/03/2008, *Thilo Bangert* <bangert@g.o
3 > <mailto:bangert@g.o>> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Please think things through before asking to have pkgcore's bugs
6 > > 'fixed' via specification next time...
7 >
8 > maybe my english language skills or social interaction qualities are
9 > failing me, but i find the above sentence highly offensive.
12 > pkgcore crashes on ebuilds with explicit -r0 in the PV, which led to
13 > Brian Harring bringing this entire discussion up in the first place.
14 > Rather than getting pkgcore to handle -r0 correctly, he decided to try
15 > and get it banned through the specification.
16 That bug has been adressed, still leaves the underlying problem wether
17 to allow this ambiguity or not. If you have the patience to read the
18 pingpong between Harring and McCreesh the current discussion is wether
19 that format even makes sense, not wether a fixed bug in a third-party
20 app is relevant.
21 >
22 > Please note, the above does not imply anything about my feelings
23 > towards the original proposal, so please don't take it as such. I
24 > really couldn't care less what you decide to do or not do.
25 >
26 > am i too thin skinned for gentoo-dev?
27 >
28 > In this particular case, I'd say yes :-)
29 I'd say no. There's no need for ad hominem attack in what is supposed to
30 be a technical discussion.
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list