From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: revisiting our stabilization policy
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 02:22:00
1 On 01/14/2014 09:09 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 >
3 > After the package has been sitting in ~arch for 90 days with an open
4 > stable request with no blockers that the arch team has not taken any
5 > action on. We are not talking about randomly yanking package versions,
6 > just doing something when arch teams are not responsive, and it seems
7 > that the cleanest thing to do would be to remove the old versions.
10 People running stable value... stability. I would much rather wait for
11 the arch teams to get un-busy than to be forced to upgrade to something
12 untested. Why would I care if it takes another month? Strictly from a
13 user's perspective. I don't, unless I do, in which case I know that I
14 do, and I could just keyword the thing if I wanted to.