From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AMD64 Arch Testers needed urgently
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 21:16:59
1 On 2017-12-14 20:45, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > I tend to like this better. Let's try to move away from filing stable
3 > requests for new versions of packages once an old version is stable and
4 > have a way to block newer versions from going stable. Maybe buildbot
5 > could check to see if there is a bug open against the version it is
6 > looking at, then check the keywords or severity of that bug and use one
7 > or the other of those to decide whether or not to skip stabilizing that version
8 > of the package.
9
10 How would you identify such a bug? Someone reports a bug. He/she is
11 using app-misc/foo-1.2-r2 at the moment. It is often not clear if the
12 bug affects only =app-misc/foo-1.2-r2, >=, ... What's about foo-2.0?
13 Maybe foo-1.1 is also affected but wasn't (yet) tested...
16 > In other words, the first stabilization for a package on an architecture
17 > should be done the way we currently do them, by filing a stable request
18 > then using the current stabilization process.
19
20 I am not sure if something like this should be a general rule. But like
21 said, maintainer could either opt-in or opt-out from auto-stabilization.
22 So if you think your new package is somehow special...
26 Regards,
27 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
28 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5