From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: whissi@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AMD64 Arch Testers needed urgently
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 19:45:56
1 On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 09:58:05PM +0100, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
2
3 *snip*
4
5 > b) Because not all devs care about stable Gentoo, I would recommend
6 > auto-stabilization: I.e. if a package is in the repository for x days
7 > build bot would try to build the package and mark the package stable if
8 > everything passes. If for some reason maintainer want to block a
9 > specific version they could create a bug or set a flag in an already
10 > existing bug which will cause build bot to ignore this version.
11
12 I tend to like this better. Let's try to move away from filing stable
13 requests for new versions of packages once an old version is stable and
14 have a way to block newer versions from going stable. Maybe buildbot
15 could check to see if there is a bug open against the version it is
16 looking at, then check the keywords or severity of that bug and use one
17 or the other of those to decide whether or not to skip stabilizing that version
18 of the package.
19
20 I think something else we should add to this is that buildbot should do
21 nothing if there isn't already a stable version of the package on the
22 architecture it is testing.
23
24 In other words, the first stabilization for a package on an architecture
25 should be done the way we currently do them, by filing a stable request
26 then using the current stabilization process.
27
28 William