From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Classes, a possible new method of spreading information
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 08:03:20
1 On Saturday 08 of October 2005 03:21 Dan Meltzer wrote:
2 > Okay, so that worked, but then I got to thinking, why not do these
3 > fairly regularly? I do not profess to know enough to hold them about
4 > a large amount of topics, but I think this could surely supplant the
5 > current documentation process. Here is basic rundown and example.
6
7 Hm, I don't like that. What's wrong with writing normal documentation and
8 giving links to the users? IMHO it has a lot of advantages - it can be
9 translated (and it is, in most cases), easily updated and is available for a
10 wider range of users (I wouldn't read IRC log of 30 minutes lecture, but I'd
11 read the doc).
12
13 Of course feel free to make a class before making "real doc", but IMHO it
14 won't help the GDP people if you just give them IRC log.
15
16 Cheers,
17 -jkt
20 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth