From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: Andy Arbon <gentoo@××××××××××××××.uk>, gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ntpd and ntpdate
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:25:44
On Tuesday 18 March 2003 08:14 am, Andy Arbon wrote:

> > Thanks for the advice. This still isn't really what I was after. I want > a really lightweight way of making sure that my machines are in > reasonable sync, but I'm not really worried about it enough to want to > have another daemon process hanging around looking after the time.
Try merging net-misc/rdate, and just put rdate in your root crontab. rdate works fine if you don't need microsecond accuracy ... # rdate -s <whatever timeserver you use> Also look into using 'hwclock --systohc' as well. The man pages have all the info you will need. Cheers, Dylan Carlson Public Key: Key fingerprint = 3AEA DE38 FE42 15A6 C0E2 730E 3D04 BCC1 708E 165F -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list