From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ideas for a (fast) EAPI=3
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 08:08:42
1 Tiziano Müller wrote:
2 > Hi everyone
3 >
4 > With eapis 1 and 2 we introduced nice features but also a couple of new
5 > problems. One of them are the use dependencies when the package you
6 > depend on doesn't have the use flag anymore (see [1] for an example).
7 >
8 > So I think it's time for a short eapi bump with some distinct
9 > improvements:
10 >
11 > http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pPAJXP6shYH78lCXeqRqCUQ
12
13 Is there a reason why we should ram through a new EAPI for something
14 that *looks* like another "Paludis supports this so let's make it a
15 Portage standard" proposal? Is there some kind of time deadline here
16 that you all want?
17
18 Also, why the bannination of || ( foo? (.).) -- how is it error prone,
19 exactly.