From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: pending dooooooom of use.defaults
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 23:44:16
1 Harald van Dijk posted <20060113174942.GA17335@g.o>, excerpted
2 below, on Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:49:42 +0100:
3
4 > On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 06:57:24AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 >> as one of the new sane features of the next portage-2.1_pre release, we're
6 >> looking to cut out use.defaults support
7 >
8 > Could you add a USE_ORDER without "auto" to /etc/make.globals for that
9 > release, please, or alternatively provide some other way of checking
10 > whether use.defaults is read? This would greatly help me out with ufed,
11 > which currently has no way to check this, and instead has to hardcode
12 > "env:pkg:conf:auto:defaults" as the default USE_ORDER just like portage
13 > does.
14
15 According to previous posts, USE_ORDER will be going away with
16 use.defaults, because that was really the only reason it was there in the
17 first place as there's no other sane ordering possible, if it is removed.
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
23 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list