From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, wg-stable@g.o, arch-leads@g.o, alpha@g.o, amd64@g.o, amd64-fbsd@g.o, arm@g.o, arm64@g.o, hppa@g.o, ia64@g.o, m68k@g.o, mips@g.o, ppc@g.o, ppc64@g.o, s390@g.o, sh@g.o, sparc@g.o, x86@g.o, x86-fbsd@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Future of gentoo's stable and unstable trees: what are your thoughts?
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 14:14:07
1 Hi,
2
3 Before I start replying to specific bits, I think it would be reasonable
4 to outline the flow of a keywording/stabilization bug. I would split it
5 into 4 steps:
6
7 S1. Someone (anyone) files a bug requesting it.
8
9 S2. Someone (maintainer or OP) prepares a complete list of packages
10 (including dependencies).
11
12 S3. The maintainers approve (or reject) the request.
13
14 S4. The arch teams process the request.
15
16 Now, I think all considerations on automation should be from
17 the perspective of those steps.