From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Google Apps Standard Edition @ gentoo.org
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 00:45:05
1 On Wednesday 31 March 2010 19:49:15 Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > On 04/01/10 01:09, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > no one is forcing you to, nor is anyone talking about having teams use
4 > > it. if Gentoo developers themselves choose to, it's going to happen
5 > > irregardless of what Alec is proposing.
6 >
7 > we are talking about public, shared work on gentoo - not about stuff
8 > people do in private.
9
10 not necessarily. we're talking about Gentoo developers using Google features
11 however they see fit. not everything done via your g.o e-mail address is
12 required to be Gentoo related, nor will it ever be.
13
14 if a Gentoo dev as part of a Gentoo project started requiring Google docs to
15 collaborate, then we can address the missing needs at that time if people feel
16 that the Google requirement is "restrictive".
17
18 the rest of your gentoo-dev vs gentoo-core logic has been addressed by
19 Brian/Jorge -- this is the internet, you have no privacy, get over it.
20 -mike