From: Gabor Farkas <gabor@××××.net>
To: Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Call for testers of xmms (especially UTF-8 / UTF-16 / UTF-16BE)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:34:16
1 Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
2
3 >Upstream development of xmms has been very sluggish, so I've been trying
4 >to manage their bugzilla as well as ours to squash out as many xmms bugs
5 >as possible. xmms-1.2.10-r8 (package.mask) has been out for a while,
6 >and I've been updating the patchset over the past week to add in many
7 >bug fixes and better unicode support in the mpg123 plugin. Please test
8 >this package out because I'd like to remove it from package.mask soon.
9 >Please make sure to 'cvs update' before emerging it because I just
10 >updated the patches about 5 minutes ago.
11 >
12 >Please test this especially if you use UTF-8 locale and latin1
13 >(ISO-8859-1) encoding or if you use UTF-16 or UTF-16BE.
16 hi.
17
18 i'd be happy to help, but:
19 what actually has to be tested?
20
21 how xmms is able to handle unicode- id3v2 tags?
22 or what exactly?
25 thanks,
26 gabor
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list