From: "Noack
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Who wants to tinker with a Palm Zire 71?
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 19:06:00
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a Palm Zire 71 device, with Palm OS on it and a 400 MHz ARM-Processor in it. Actually I don't use this device anymore, so if somebody wants try to get Gentoo Linux run on it, I would give it to him.
4
5 There is an SD/MMC-Slot which could become used to get data on the devie an there is also an IR interface and a USB-Adapter. But the biggest problem I see is that the OS is on a ROM, but maybe there would be a way to manipulate the BIOS if it has one, to boot from somewhere on the RAM.
6
7 In any case I guess it would require to maipulate the hardware. If somebody here have the skills and motivation to try that, he or she should tell me and I will send him or her my device.
8
9 Best Regards
10 Sebastian Noack