From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux preinstalled
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:54:24
1 On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 15:06 +0800, Shuduo Sang wrote:
2 > I want to know is there any way to install a gentoo to an embedded system?
3 > For example, ipaq. Because those samll devices do not have enough effort to
4 > build a system from stage1. But it still need a portage-like way to upgrade
5 > packages.
6
7 Considering there is a "Gentoo Embedded" project that has been releasing
8 stages, I would say yes. In fact, they have stages for several
9 architectures available. Check out /experimental/$arch/embedded/stages
10 on a local mirror that mirrors /experimental.
11
12 One thing to remember is that these stages are complete stage3, just
13 using uclibc, so there may still be packages that you do not require for
14 your end system.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
19 x86 Architecture Team