From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /lib/modprobe.d vs. /etc/modprobe.d
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:01:00
1 On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
2 > I see a lot of packages installing /etc/modprobe.d when it should be treated
3 > like /etc/udev, so only generated files and users own files
4
5 On a related note, I just noticed that /etc/udev is loaded with
6 orphans in my case, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. When we
7 make moves like this we should include either news items or elogs or
8 something to tell users to clean out the cruft, otherwise config
9 protection tends to leave it there, and then users fail to get updates
10 since their cruft overrides them.
11
12 I assume that files that aren't user-edited can just be safely deleted?
13
14 Rich