From: Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr>
To: Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Printing: CUPS and HP LaserJet
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 08:14:27
1 On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 23:59:21 +0200
2 Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org> wrote:
5 > Of course, ljet4 is the reccomended choice. However it seems
6 > that some accounting code in some PPDs outputs blank pages.
7 > (I've readed that the cups mailing list)
8 > PPDs have chunks of postscript code executing in ghostscript before
9 > it renders the page (using the ljet4 driver). These postscript code
10 > snippets have
11 > a bug somewhere; this is why it works when the document
12 > is manually feeded into ghostscript.
13 > I didn't have time to investatgate deeper.
14
15 > I've already noticed this problem with ljet4 based PPDs. Maybe
16 > you could temporary switch to another driver (hpijs for instance)
17 > to avoid annoying wasting of paper.
18 >
19 Just tried it... Didn't work (hpijs) : doesn't print at all, the printer
20 goes into error mode... (I did emerge hpijs).
21
22 Right now, I stick with ljet4. (Didn't try gimp-print, but do remember from
23 previous linux installations the printing was much sharper with ljet4 driver
24 than with gimp-print. I'll give it a try later.)
25
26 Thanks,
27 --
28 Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr>