From: Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org>
To: Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Printing: CUPS and HP LaserJet
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:59:23
1 Pierre-Henri Jondot wrote:
2 > On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 23:07:47 +0200
3 > Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org> wrote:
7 >>have you tried to download the PPD from linuxprinting.org ?
8 >>There are a couple of "drivers" available for HP ljet:
9 >>
10 >>ljet4
13 > ljet4 should be the best ghostscript driver (anyway that's the one I use
14 > when invoking ghostscript manually and it works fine) for my printer.
15 >
16 > The ppd has already been obtained from linuxprinting.org, starting with
17 > ljet4 driver and choosing hp laserjet 5l in the provided list.(PPD-O-Matic)
20 Of course, ljet4 is the reccomended choice. However it seems
21 that some accounting code in some PPDs outputs blank pages.
22 (I've readed that the cups mailing list)
23 PPDs have chunks of postscript code executing in ghostscript before
24 it renders the page (using the ljet4 driver). These postscript code
25 snippets have
26 a bug somewhere; this is why it works when the document
27 is manually feeded into ghostscript.
28 I didn't have time to investatgate deeper.
29
30 I've already noticed this problem with ljet4 based PPDs. Maybe
31 you could temporary switch to another driver (hpijs for instance)
32 to avoid annoying wasting of paper.
33
34 Marko