From: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some ideas on how to reduce territoriality
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:44:40
1 Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:06:07 -0700
3 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > <list of trivial changes>
6 >
7 >> There's a couple more that I wouldn't mind seeing as things developers
8 >> can do without the maintainer, but I can see how these might be a bit
9 >> more controversial, so I'm asking for input.
10 >
11 > Another good candidate is correcting errors in anything dodoc is tasked
12 > to install. When a TODO or other metafile goes missing in the course of
13 > development, I often find ebuilds that still mention them. When I
14 > haven't done my arch commit yet, I often correct the error after I
15 > check whether the file has simply been moved, by either correcting the
16 > path or removing the filename from the dodoc call.
17
18 dodoc calls should have || die and USE=doc should be tested before
19 commiting a bump, IMHO
22 Vlastimil Babka (Caster)
23 Gentoo/Java
24 --