From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla usage by gentoo-java's doing migration work
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:54:36
1 Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > Patrick Lauer wrote:
3 >> No, it just shows that two different standards are applied and jakub (as
4 >> well as some others) do not wish for any discrimination.
5 >> If sunrise gets blocked with the argument "it's an overlay" then, by
6 >> logic, the Java overlay should get the same treatment, even if this is
7 >> stupid, unfair and stupid.
8 >
9 > Wow, you are incredibly good at dismissing the actual argument that many
10 > folks have raised against sunrise, and instead inserting the
11 > "waaaaaaahhhhhh!!! they aren't treating us the same!!!" argument. In
12 > fact, there is no reason to be treated the same in this case. The
13 > council decided that sunrise was to be suspended, which in my mind
14 > constitutes a total scorched earth policy with respect to the use of any
15 > sort of Gentoo infra in any way. The council did not decide that the
16 > java overlay was to be suspended, ergo the java overlay can use Gentoo
17 > infra as a resource.
20 Frankly said, neither council nor devrel have any say in suspending
21 projects hosted outside of gentoo, be it sunrise, gentopia,
22 java-migration, java-experimental, BMG, or whatever else. You just can't
23 dictate unpaid people what are they going to do in their free time
24 (though some people would probably like to...) - so, please don't move
25 this debate off-topic.
28 >> I'm sorry if the sunrise-related decisions have negative influence on
29 >> other projects and I hope that these issues get sorted out soon.
30 >> Personally I find this debate silly, jokey and genstef have done
31 >> whatever they could to reach a compromise for sunrise without castrating
32 >> the project. If that isn't enough it starts to look to me like an attack
33 >> on the persons and not on the technical structure.
34 >
35 > Please, cut the bullshit and stop deflecting these arguments as a
36 > personal attack, which you *always* seem to do once an argument reaches
37 > a point that you have nothing meaningful to say.
38
39 So... sunrise has been suspended, moved to it's own domain, moved to
40 non-gentoo hardware - and some people still are not satisfied and need
41 to find something to annoy the bunch of people working on it. And, as
42 there's not much left, they take something really childish and
43 ridiculous, such as bugzilla keywords and status whiteboard, and run to
44 devrel to ask for an urgent decision? What's this, if not a personal thing?
49 Best regards,
50
51 Jakub Moc
52 mailto:jakub@g.o
53 GPG signature:
54 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
55 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
56
57 ... still no signature ;)