From: Ian Leitch <port001@g.o>
To: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.0_pre1 almost available for testing
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:04:37
1 On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 14:19, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
2 > Hi gang.
3 >
4 > We've done some internal revamping of the Gentoolkit package. On the
5 > surface, little has changed for now. A new tool called 'equery' is
6 > available, that's going to replace etcat and qpkg, so please give it a
7 > whirl, and come with feature suggestions and bug reports.
8 >
9 > The reason we're dumping etcat and qpkg is that neither uses portage for
10 > queries, and we don't want to maintain more than one query tool. Most of
11 > the features from qpkg and etcat have been included in equery, so
12 > heaploads of thanks to the qpkg and etcat authors.
13 >
14 > gentoolkit-0.2.0 will be released alongside portage 2.0.50, so please
15 > spend some available time to test it before we unleash it on the
16 > unwashed;)
17 >
18 > We usual, bugs go tools-portage@g.o or me personally.
19
20 Hi Karl,
21
22 When is the user/dev tools split going to happen? I currently have one
23 package 'epkgmove'[1] ready for release plus another two called esign
24 and eorphan to follow shortly.
25
26 [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~port001/DevTools/epkgmove/
29 Ian Leitch
30 Gentoo Linux Developer
31
32 GPG Public Key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~port001/port001-pgp-key.asc
33 Fingerprint: 91AE 2E49 3DE6 B714 E0F0 D2E3 79F6 7879 6017 4462
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list