From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.0_pre1 almost available for testing
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:19:01
1 Hi gang.
2
3 We've done some internal revamping of the Gentoolkit package. On the
4 surface, little has changed for now. A new tool called 'equery' is
5 available, that's going to replace etcat and qpkg, so please give it a
6 whirl, and come with feature suggestions and bug reports.
7
8 The reason we're dumping etcat and qpkg is that neither uses portage for
9 queries, and we don't want to maintain more than one query tool. Most of
10 the features from qpkg and etcat have been included in equery, so
11 heaploads of thanks to the qpkg and etcat authors.
12
13 gentoolkit-0.2.0 will be released alongside portage 2.0.50, so please
14 spend some available time to test it before we unleash it on the
15 unwashed;)
16
17 We usual, bugs go tools-portage@g.o or me personally.
20 Kind regards,