From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Issues regarding glep-55 (Was: [gentoo-council] Re: Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:24:01
1 On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:15:25 -0800
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > No it doesn't. It's transparent to users using an older package
4 > > manager.
5 >
6 > Would be useful if someone pulled older portage versions and checked
7 > exactly what they do in this case- explode, behave, etc (manifest
8 > behaviour included). It's been several years, but I recall portage
9 > having problems at the onset of EAPI w/ it.
10
11 It was checked back when 55 was originally written. If it's broken now,
12 it's a breakage since then...
13
14 > Frankly, in terms of g55 I don't particularly care if it were
15 > implemented- although I'd rather see it go in a seperate repo along
16 > w/ the dozen other fixups needed, preferably starting w/ overlays...
17
18 Well yes, but that's never realistically going to happen. 55's one of
19 the few repository format fixes that can happen in a reasonable
20 timeframe.
23 Ciaran McCreesh