From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Facilitating user contributed ebuilds (Was: [gentoo-dev] The future of the Sunrise project)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 08:09:34
1 On 13/06/16 09:04, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > On 11/06/16 09:00, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > If you are not going to maintain your contribution, we can't
4 > > guarantee it will be accepted. I'm certainly not interested in
5 > > having to worry about 20 more maintainer-needed packages next month
6 > > because someone contributed an ebuild that seemed good enough.
7 > This is a good point. Contributions that no devs are willing to
8 > maintain would not make it into the curated and reviewed repositories
9 > I am referring to.
10 >
11 > As an aside, perhaps we should start featuring third-party overlays
12 > more prominently, as this is where these ebuilds belong.
13
14 Excuse me .. and this thread emerged from deprecating the EXACT thing
15 you are suggesting!?