From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: grsecurity@××××××××××.net, gentoo-hardened@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Grsecurity Poll
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:55:23
1 On Wednesday 06 August 2003 18:48, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > Gentoo Linux includes support for grsecurity in nearly every kernel that
3 > we have. Unfortunately the patch level is not always as up2date as Brad's
4 > code due to the many other patches that are included, however what I'm
5 > wondering here is do the Gentoo users want the option of merging a
6 > vanilla-kernel with just "one" patch applied. It would be called
7 > grsecurity-sources. I would like to use the grsec2 series for this so we
8 > can help Brad debug and get it to a stable level.
9 >
10 > Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome.
11 >
12 > PS: grsec is also used on our production servers, sourceforge also uses
13 > grsec in a production environment.
14
15 i would be all for it ...
16 i dont use any of the kernels in sys-kernels for a variety of reasons ... but
17 one kernel that i use in many places (routers/servers/etc...) is a hand
18 rolled vanilla kernel with just the grsec patch ...
19 in other words, i would utilize this new kern on my boxes :)
20 it would also be pretty sweet to have up-to-date support for grsec ... brad
21 has done amazing things with his latest code.
22 -mike